COVID-19: Information for businesses and employees
LATEST UPDATE – 22/12/2021
A full range of business support measures have been made available to businesses to support them through the COVID-19 pandemic. This page has been created to keep Newcastle-under-Lyme BID levy payers fully informed with the latest advice, information and support available.
LOCAL SUPPORT FOR BUSINESSES
Support Grants: Financial support for businesses impacted by the Covid restrictions is available through Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council here.
GUIDANCE FOR BUSINESSES
The UK Government has published COVID Secure guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Guidance on lockdown restrictions for businesses from 5th January
- Working safely during coronavirus
- Guidance for close contact services (hairdressers, beauticians, massage therapists etc)
- Guidance for shops and branches
- Guidance for restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
- Guidance for offices
- Guidance for working in other people’s homes
- Guidance for hotels and guest accommodation
- Guidance for the visitor economy (accommodation, attractions, events etc)
HOW TO REPORT A CASE OF COVID-19
Public Heath England (PHE) has released guidance for how businesses report a positive case of coronavirus. The information provides key steps to quickly identify and contain any potential COVID-19 outbreak.
Click here to find out what you need to do to report a case of coronavirus in your business and manage a possible outbreak.
NATIONAL SUPPORT SCHEMES FOR BUSINESSES
Use this helpful business support finder tool from Government to see what support is available to your business.
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (Furlough Scheme)
- Business Rate Relief
- Bounce Back Loans
- Small Business Grant Fund
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Test & trace income support payment
GET IN TOUCH
We hope to continue to support the resilience, innovation and duty of care of our BID levy payers, in the toughest of circumstances.
We’re keen to hear of any concerns from all our levy payers so we can help address them, and to hear of any initiatives you have put in place so we can spread the word to local businesses. Please do get in touch with us.