Newcastle Under Lyme Business Improvement District seeks a Street Ambassador
This is a full time post, working 5 days across a 7 day week (note – this means working regular weekends and bank holidays)
Working as part of the project delivery team, the role will include;
• Communication with the Police and other agencies on issues related to crime and antisocial behaviour
• Acting as a welcome presence for visitors to the town
• Supporting delivery of projects and events
• Supporting businesses by communicating issues which affect their business on a day to day basis
• Liaising with businesses on the benefits and opportunities which exist through BID Projects and activities
This role involves wearing a BID Ambassador uniform and is based primarily working outside, patrolling the NUL BID area and engaging with NUL Businesses and partners.
This role will represent a hugely exciting opportunity for the prospective candidate to start afresh as the Newcastle under Lyme Business Improvement District (BID) embarks on its 2nd five year term in office and with the town benefitting from Central Government funding streams including the Future High Streets Fund and the Town Deal Fund. Newcastle under Lyme was recently awarded £11.5m through the Future High Streets Fund and is awaiting the outcome of its Town Investment Plan to secure up to £25m via the Town Deal Investment Fund
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL NEED TO BE/HAVE
• Friendly, outgoing, flexible and adaptable to customers
• A confident, calm and professional approach
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of people.
• A team worker, able to work on their initiative, self motivated and the ability to plan workload is essential
• A minimum of 3 GCSEs, including Maths and English,
• A good command of the English language
• IT literate
• Common sense and a can-do attitude
• SIA Accreditation an advantage although training will be given.
• Knowledge of social media.
Does this sound like you? Any person wishing to apply should email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter stating why you are interested in this role.
Please put Newcastle Under Lyme BID Ambassador and your name in the email subject.
We will be holding interviews on a rolling basis as successful applications are received.
Partnerships for Better Business Ltd (pfbb UK) are the BID Management Consultants for Newcastle Under Lyme BID